Monday, July 7, 2008

Teens Talk - I Want to Stay Day Dreaming

The Grand Rapids Times
7-4-2008
By Marcel Gamble

Don’t wake me while Î dream
I’ll dream until my dreams become reality
I’ll dream until reality becomes my dream
In life I can’t touch clouds
In my dreams clouds touch me
On earth I admire stars that pay me no attention
In my dreams I see stars
with no admission
Everyone loves one another while I rest my head
The moment I awake there’s another one dead.
I want to stay dreaming forever.
Please don’t wake me
I don’t want to hear about war
And thousands of casualties found O Lord
Don’t wake me
I want to stay dreaming forever.

Many of people have been awaken from a dream that they never wanted to end, just to be exposed to the reality of life.
We should all continue to dream; at the same time we should focus on bringing dreams to life. It’s a challenging task to encourage each other to bring dreams to life when dreams are more satisfying than life.
I don’t blame my peers for wanting to dream. I rather dream when I hear about a young male dying each week.
I don’t want to wake up and hear about another baby growing up fatherless. I rather dream when I see a teenage woman walking down the street with an infant in one arm and a baby in her stomach.
I have good news, the time that we have all been waiting for is finally here. We no longer have to dream.
According to www.michigans children.org Michigan has had a 20% decline in the rate of teen births. We don’t have to dream anymore. We can wake up.
Since 2007 there has been a 40% decrease in the percent of high school dropouts. We can all open our eyes; our days of dreaming can come to an end.
As long as Michigan continues to improve we can live in reality and we should not have to dream no more.
Email me at marcelgamble @sbcglobal.net and let me know if you are finished dreaming and ready to live in reality.
I’m going to leave you all with this, Ezekiel 36:33, “This is what the sovereign Lord says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.”
There is no need for us to dream anymore. God will make our lives as pleasant as our dreams so we can all wake up.

No comments: