Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rewind


I’m sure that we all ponder about memories that we would like to hold onto forever – times that we wish we could relive.

Some of us forget that these times are memories for a reason, and they are meant to stay in the past.

If we don’t let go of the past, we aren’t able to thank God for present and future blessings.

The past is good, but we have to let go to make the future better.

This applies to good and bad memories.

For example, if a person made choices in his or her previous years that he or she isn’t proud of, he or she shouldn’t allow the past to past to hinder them from accomplishing goals in the future.

If in the past I choose to only obtained my high school diploma and now in the present I want to further my education I’m not going to create endless excuses as to why I am not capable of doing so.

If in the past I made choices to participate in illegal activity and now I have the desire to be an activist leader for troubled youth, I’m not going to allow my past to hinder me from doing so.

The past is the past for a reason and we all have to remember that.

This applies to good memories as well.

We all can’t harp on the past because the future filled with opportunities will pass us by.

God blesses us all, and sometimes the past stops us from realizing this.

We think about how we didn’t have sufficient income in the past.

We think about how we were hurt by a past significant other.

We ponder about things we could have done instead of changing things now.

To be successful, many of us have to stop rewinding to the what ifs and could have beens.

We should all strive to make to best out of our current situations.

One for the week: Moses said to the LORD, “Pardon your servant, Lord. I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue.” Exodus 4:10

No comments: