Friday, April 22, 2011

Back To The Basics


For those of you who don’t already know my major is media production; and one of the tasks that I slightly despise as a production student is editing.

Recently, I have had a project that required more than 16 hours of editing time.

Each time that I thought that I was completely done with the project, something would show up as being wrong.

I couldn’t figure out what the problem was until I directed my attention back to the very beginning.

I discovered one problem that had thrown off the entire timeline of the project.

Although, this project caused much frustration for me, it helped me realize that sometimes when people experience errors in life we need to take it back to the basics.

Sometimes when things are going really well for people and they hit rock bottom, many are left clueless on how to get back up again.

Many are left clueless because they Back To The Basics forget to go back to the basics.

People forget to revert back to the time when they didn’t have much.

Some get so wrapped up in their accomplishments that they lose the capability to remember when they experienced a rough beginning.

A majority of individuals also forget that once you are so far up, there is only one direction to go and that is right back down.

A friend of mine shared with me that valuable advice of remaining humble, no matter what your status is.

By staying humble, people recognize that they are capable of making mistakes no matter what there status may be.

This is a good thing because instead of continuing to make the same mistakes, people can adventure back to the beginning and fix mistakes before they have the chance to grow into bigger problems.

One for the week: "My days are swifter than a weaver’s shuttle, and they come to an end without hope." Job 7:6

No comments: