Friday, September 3, 2010

Word’s From A Wise Man


The Grand Rapids Times

This week I started to purchase a pair of shoes; but, instead, I decided to buy a Bible.

Earlier this week I attended a chapel service at school and the focus was on Paul’s words of wisdom.

During his imprisonment, his time of trial, Paul pondered on the thought of rejoicing in the Lord.

This week, I took my new Bible and I explored to discover the significance behind Paul’s word. Paul stated, “We should rejoice in the Lord.” The significance about this is that Paul didn’t say that we should rejoice in the Lord sometimes, He says that we should rejoice in the Lord always.

After reading Paul’s words this week, I was humbled and I want to share my understanding with you all.

Paul didn’t say rejoice in the Lord – only when we are financially stable.

He didn’t say rejoice in the Lord only when we get promoted at work.

He didn’t say rejoice in the Lord when we leave the single life and find significant others.

Paul said, “Rejoice in the Lord always.”

He didn’t say rejoice in the Lord when we are driving in our brand new nice cars.

He didn’t say rejoice in the Lord when we have central air in our large expensive homes.

Paul says that we should rejoice in the Lord always.

We should rejoice in the Lord when we only have one dollar left in our pockets.

We should rejoice in the Lord when we have to wear clothes that aren’t name brand.

We should rejoice when we have to drive our cars that are more than 5 years old.

There are some individuals in the world that have to walk everyday that rejoice.

There are people who don’t own homes who still rejoice.

There are recovering addicts from years of addiction who rejoice.

Why are we selective when it comes to rejoicing in the Lord? We have to rejoice in the Lord always.

I want to thank Paul for his wisdom.

One for the week: “I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people, and language, standing before the throne.” Revelation 7:9

No comments: