Saturday, September 11, 2010

My Name Is No Name


The Grand Rapids Times

This year I graduated at the top of my class and received many letters from various colleges.

I strive to be futuristic; so this upcoming year, I plan to attend a prestigious university to obtain my 4 year degree.

I want to become a mentor for upcoming youth in my neighborhood; I want to set an example for them.

I want my peers to see that when someone remains diligent with their goals, it pays My Name Is No Name off.

I visualize myself being successful with the opportunity to indulge in a prosperous future.

Respecting the leaders of yesterday and becoming a leader of tomorrow is my personal quote that I live by.

In ten years I see myself married to someone who loves me for who I am.

Being the parent of two brilliant children is what I imagine, informing my children of the many opportunities they may have in the world is an ultimate goal of mine.

I want to show my children that materialistic items are with us momentarily, but God is with us forever.

Changing my life for the better will not be my only personal desire.

Changing the lives of others around me would be my life long mission.

I would like to own a safe venue where inner city youth would feel comfortable about expressing their many talents.

I know that I am only one person, but I would like to change the world.

Unfortunately, I am unable to do any of this.

Today my chance to alter the world ended this morning when my mother entered the dark room and came out without me.

This is why I do not have a name.

I didn’t make it that far in my journey to earn a name.

My name is no name, and I wonder how many others are out in the world like me.

People we have to think before we make life changing decisions.

The following story isn’t fiction its reality and it occurs on the daily.

It saddens to think about all of the potential leaders that become no names each year.

One for the week: I will bless her and will surely give you a son by her. I will bless her so that she will be the mother of nations; kings of peoples will come from her.” Genesis 17:16

No comments: