Sunday, August 29, 2010

Momma, I’m Not a Preacher


The Grand Rapids Times

Momma, I’m not a preacher, but I will tell the people what they should hear.

I try to live right but I get things wrong then I learn my lesson.

I learned my lesson, and now I’m strong.

Momma, I’m not a preacher; but I can sing this song.

This week, I want to share with you all my schedule for one day.

9 a.m. – I wake up and brush my teeth then I get in the shower.

10 a.m. – I am in the car on my way to Calvin to fill out paper work for this up and coming school year.

11 a.m. – I am still on campus reserving books for this fall.

12 a.m. – I am still on campus making plans with others regarding this fall.

1 p.m. – I am back in my car on my way to the post office.

I have to mail a payment for a $10 parking ticket that I received earlier this week.

2 p.m. – I’m back in the car on my way to work.

1:30 a.m. – I’m off of work.

2:00 a.m. – I am back in bed preparing my body for another day filled with activity.

After analyzing this schedule carefully, I realize not once during my day did I have personal one on one time with God.

There wasn’t any prayer, there wasn’t any reading of the word, and there wasn’t any blessing God for allowing me to see another day.

Honestly, reviewing my schedule helped me realize that God reserves time for me everyday but I don’t do the same in return.

Momma, I’m not a preacher; but I will tell the people what they should hear.

I try to live right, and I get things wrong; then I learn my lesson.

I learned my lesson, and now I’m strong.

Momma, I’m not a preacher; but I can sing this song.

Time is something that we take for granted.

Time is something that we should on the daily give to God.

One for the week: Seth also had a son, and he named him Enosh. At that time men began to call on the name of the LORD Genesis 4:26

No comments: