Friday, August 20, 2010

Medicate Me


The Grand Rapids Times

After seeing an infomercial for the fourth time within a two hour period, I began to wonder.

We as human beings are unbelievably creative when it comes to creating solutions for any problems our bodies may have.

If we are unhappy with our weight, there are supplements to make us thinner or heavier.

If we are unsatisfied with our ability to retain knowledge, there are pills that aid us in remembering everything.

If we desire to drain our bodies for endless hours, we have energy drinks, and capsules.

If we do not like the wrinkles that come with aging, we have aging crème.

I’m beginning to believe that people are just creating problems just to have reasoning to invent more prescriptions.

I congratulate all of the scientists and pharmacists in the world who create these many prescriptions for everyone.

However, I wonder why I never see an infomercial about a prescription that outweighs its side effects.

I want to tell you about a prescription that I haven’t had filled for some time now.

This prescription has negative side effects that are worth experiencing and positive side effects that are astonishing.

I don’t know how much weight this prescription will take away from a persons’ body.

I don’t know how many wrinkles this prescription will take away from a persons’ face.

I most certainly do not know how much knowledge this prescription will help an individual retain.

However, I can say that I have seen this prescription save lives.

I have seen this medication make the weak willed strong and those that are naive wise.

I have seen this medication transform a prostitute’s testimony into a message that I needed to hear.

I have seen this medication turn foolish girls into productive young women.

I have seen this medication turn young boys into respectful young men.

I have seen this prescription take those with physical and mental disabilities and make it seem like there are no disabilities at all.

Somebody should create an infomercial because I have seen this prescription do some incredible things.

I appreciate the manmade prescriptions created however, none of them posses the power of this prescription.

I need to be medicated; it’s time for me to once again medicate myself.

We are fortunate because it doesn’t take hours or days to have this prescription filled.

To have this prescription filled all we need is the word.

To all of the gangsters, it’s not too late to get your dose; it can knock the bullets out of that gun.

To those that are corrupted officers of the law, it’s not too late to get your dose; it can help you think before ruining an innocent persons’ life.

To all of the prostitutes, get your dose; it can help you see that your body is a temple and it should be respected.

I wish I could see an infomercial for this prescription because we all need a dose.

Email me at marcelgamble@ sbcglobal.net if you chose to discuss the topic of this prescription.

One for the week: “They alone are to enter my sanctuary; they alone are to come near my table to minister before me and perform my service.” Ezekiel 44:16

No comments: