Saturday, November 1, 2008

Teens Talk - Aquafina

The Grand Rapids Times
10-31-2008

When people need to use the restroom, they stop whatever they are doing at the time, and they use the restroom.
When they are hungry, they eat; and when they are thirsty, they drink.
I have one question – why do people display a since of being thirsty more than they show that they are hungry and etc.?
I’m not referring to being thirsty after a strenuous workout, I am talking about being thirsty during your every day activity.
We all have those days when we need our pure water.
When I see a young lady that is not completely dressed and I decide to make comments about her figure, there is no question about it – I am thirsty.
I am not only thirsty for the lady I am making rude remarks about, I am also thirsty for some pure “aquafina” water.
If people around me ask me to drink liquor during the weekend and I decide to because I had a rough week, then, unquestionably, I am thirsty for pure “aquafina” water.
God throws “aquafina” at us on daily basis, but a majority of us decide to reach for another liquid to quench our thirst.
When your teenage boyfriend is pressuring you to have sex, take a swig of “aquafina”; leave those other drinks alone.
When your friends tell you that it’s okay to get behind the wheel of a car under the influence, you need to give up the keys and find you some “aquafina”.
You see “aquafina” is a pure liquid and God is also pure. By sinning everyday, we are telling God that we are thirsty for Him and we are telling Him to provide us with “aquafina”.
The “aquafina” is the guidance that we strive to receive from God each day.
Someone should have told the individual who murdered Jenifer Hudson’s mother, brother, and nephew to drink some “aquafina”.
We all can tell when there are masses of people who chose to pick up other liquids and not “aquafina”.
Someone decided to pick up other liquids the night my uncle was murdered. There are a number of other people who can relate to that.
Everyday when a woman is beaten by her man, other liquids are involved.
Every minute when rape occurs, another person is corrupted who makes the choice to turn down pure “aquafina” from God tothey up other drinks from the devil.
Staying pure is the way to go if you don’t already get some “aquafina” in your life.
Accept God’s hands when He holds them out to you; don’t run to what you know is wrong.
I’m going to leave you all with this, everyone personally has to learn how to use discernment, don’t give others the opportunity to choose your path for you.
Marcel Gamble, a 2008 graduate of Kelloggsville High School, is a student at Calvin College.

No comments: