Saturday, October 25, 2008

Teens Talk - Something Different

America, I’m cold work with this pen, I’m persistent with the messages that I deliver, there is only one word to describe your boy and that’s sick.
They call me boss because that’s exactly what I am; everybody knows I am if you don’t already know you need to get with the program.
I’m on something different, don’t get mad because honestly it doesn’t matter what you are on, it’s all about me.
Why can’t I have an ego?
There are thousands of other people who are on something different in this world.
Why can’t I be on something different?
If Play Boy Bunny Ashley Harkleroad can auction her virginity off for 3 million dollars on television then why shouldn’t I be able to be on something different?
There are millions who are discriminating against Barack Obama because he is African American.
There are millions who are discriminating against John McCain because of his age.
So what makes it wrong for me to be on something different?
One thing that makes it wrong for me to be on something different is that this world doesn’t revolve around me or you. The world revolves around everyone as a whole.
This week I decided to do something different. I want to take you all on a trip around the world.
Tamar Mesa, “Some things that are difficult for me while I am in America are the reading and writing assignments in college, American style writing is something different to me.” Mesa is an international student at Calvin College from the East Coast of Spain.
Arum-Jugu Galadima, “One thing that is difficult for me while I am in America is managing my time in college; the college life is something different to me.” Galadima is a freshman international student from Jos, Nigeria.
Eden Hagos, “One thing that is difficult for me is dealing with the issue of having too much freedom, making many of my own decisions is something different to me.” Hagos is a freshman at Calvin College from Windsor, Ontario Canada.
There are people all around the world who are on something different facing real life issues. These individuals are on something different by living everyday lives and facing hardships to get where they want to be in life.
They are on something different naturally not by choice, they are not creating their own issues like Obama supporters or McCain supporters.
They are not on television like Playmate Ashley Harkleroad trying to be on something different by selling their virginity. There are people that go through something different and they understand what legitimate issues are.
I can brag all day about being sick with the pen and delivering my messages but then I would be on something different that’s fake because this world is not about me it’s about everyone.

I’m going to leave you all with this; Numbers 23:19 “God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Doers he promise and not fulfill?”

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How can a pregnat woman sell her virginity? What am I missing here? Ashley was on TV selling her virginity?