Friday, May 16, 2008

Teens Talk - Kill Us With Inflation

The Grand Rapids Times
May 16, 2008
By Marcel Gamble

I thought that America would never have to experience a severe case of inflation again after undergoing the great depression.

Evidently I was wrong because it seems as if inflation is currently haunting Michigan.

The number one necessity that a majority of us need is becoming unaffordable due to inflation. I use to laugh when my parents would say that gas use to only cost 80 cents a gallon. I am not laughing now because I wish 80 cents per gallon would be the price of gas.

At four dollars a gallon gas is becoming inflation and it is killing us.

I remember a time when I use to be able to just put 5 dollars in my gas tank but now 5 dollars is almost worthless thanks to inflation. In result of gas prices raising other merchandise also raised in price.

I feel sorry for kids because when I was little, Little Debbie snacks use to only be 25 cents and now they are 35 cents.

What are minimum wage workers suppose to do when they are forced to cut a large percentage of their paycheck on gas? What if the portion of their check that they are forced to cut for gas is their budget for food, what should a minimum wage employee do?

Since inflation is beginning to occur I guess they have no choice but to suffer seems how minimum wage isn’t going up anytime soon and gas prices aren’t going down anytime soon. Inflation is killing us and it is going to increase the crime rate.

With kids to feed after suffering a major pay cut at work, some individuals are going to seek out alternative ways to make ends meet.

For example instead of people being robbed for their jewelry and money, people are going to begin to get robbed for their gas.

During this time of inflation instead of individuals reaching out to crime and violence they need to reach out to God for His guidance.

I guess the question that many of us should be asking is, can we live? Inflation is killing us. Can we live?

I’m going to leave you all with this: Hebrews 13:6, “So we say with confidence. The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.”

No comments: