Friday, May 2, 2008

Teen's Talk - The Celebration of '08'

The Grand Rapids Times
May 2, 2008

Teens Talk
By Marcel Gamble

The count down is on. It is only just a matter of days until the class of “08” take their last steps down the hallways of the many high schools. There will be smiles of excitement, tears of joy, and memories that will never be forgotten.

Until then “08” we have to make it to the celebration. It is difficult, especially now when a majority of us have the credits that we need to graduate.

Some of us are straight A students, and can afford to slack off. A number of us have lost interest in high school and are anxious to take the next steps in our lives. We have come too far to let senioritis affect us.

“08” We have finally made it. Are we ready to throw away all of our accomplishments just because our minds are ready for a break? Personally, I understand that we are enduring a challenging time right now to be honest even I have been experiencing senioritis.

Loved ones around me have let me know that there are only days left I shouldn’t give up. They have informed me that just because I have been accepted to college, doesn’t mean that I have made it to the celebration of 2008. Loved ones shared with me that my last transcript will be revealed by the college that I am attending.

They wanted me to know that it is not time to celebrate just yet.

I have loved ones looking out for me and encouraging me not to let senioritis kick in. I am going to do the same for all of you. We all will be making it to the celebration of 2008 together. Don’t give in class of “08” and continue to battle senioritis because it is almost time for the celebration.

I’m going to leave you all with this, Romans 12:12; “Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer“

The celebration is almost here class of “08” we just have to keep pressing forward and hang in there.

No comments: