Saturday, March 12, 2011

Play Me

In the history of music there has only been a few CDs that have been good enough to be played in entirety.

There are other CDs that would have only three good songs and there would be some that would have only one.

Well, I want people to play me like a good CD.

I want to speak out for the people that are too afraid to voice their opinions.

I want to speak out against injustice issues.

I want to be the CD that is able to play over and over again and I want other CDs in the disc changer with me.

I know I probably won’t get more plays than Niki Minaj or Wocka Flocka Flame.

I know I probably won’t hit the billboard charts like Kanye West or Lady Gaga; but that doesn’t matter to me.

What matters is that others and I are heard.

Too many good CDs aren’t being played enough.

It seems like they are only played after something tragic happens, and then they are thrown out of windows again.

This is a problem because by not recycling good CDs, no one is keeping good messages alive.

I want to be played everyday all day, and I know that there are others that feel the same exact way.

I feel that some believe that because people aren’t facing the same turmoils as they did in the past, they don’t have to speak out.

However, I also believe that this is where people are mistaken.

We do face the same turmoil; we are just in a different time.

I want somebody to play me.

I want to maintain a spot in the disc changer.

It’s 2011, but there is still an abundance amount of work that needs to be done.

One for the week:

“A person’s wisdom yields patience; it is to one’s glory to overlook an offense.” Proverbs 19:11

No comments: