Sunday, July 19, 2009

Tattoo

The Grand Rapids Times
7-17-2009
Adult Walk
By Marcel Gamble

To learn new things and to be able to fulfill certain tasks, we have to be taught new lessons by others.
However, after the new les¬sons it is up to the learner to process the information.
A tattoo permanently is imbedded within 3 to 4 layers of a the skin.
The tattoo becomes a part of the body; and, as imbedded ink, the tattoo becomes a part of a person’s identity.
If someone has ink that is profane, what is that person saying about his or her iden¬tity?
If the ink is so explicit that the person feels the need to hide every day, then what is the sense in getting permanent ink?
People should get tats that they aren’t afraid to share with the world.
People should get tats that they are not hesitant about allowing others to copy.
Tattoos of lessons that are valuable to life are the tats that people should get.
We all have to practice being trendsetters not trend follow¬ers.
Don’t get a tattoo because your friend has it because you don’t know what they have been through to get it.
Many people have numerous pieces of body art that displays their identity, but they have identity crises.
Identity crises come about because, unlike the tattoo that is permanent, the ability to process lessons is momentary.
Some people continuously learn and say that knowledge is key, but they don’t apply their knowledge to life.
A tattoo doesn’t scrape off or wash away; unfortunately, some people are allowing les¬sons to do so.
Sometimes lessons that should be tattooed aren’t; and when a person scrapes off their surface, problems occur.
I am walking this week be¬cause I want to see tattoos of intelligence not ignorance.
I want to see tattoos of the miracles from Jesucristo not tattoos of mischief from the devil.
I let some of my tattoos erase throughout my life; and, ‘til this
day I regret letting them go.
Like the ink that’s within the skin of so many people, the lessons I learned from others growing up should be imbedded in my mind.
It saddens me to see some of my peers tattooing the lessons of how to shoot a gun rather than read a book.
It disturbs me to see my generation teach others how to roll and smoke a blunt rather than teaching others to respect their bodies.
It bothers me to see tattoos of fright as opposed to confidence.
Such permanent markings are the ones that should scrape off or wash off.
I miss the permanence of obedience and respect.
My desire is to see tattoos of accomplishment not failure.
Many of my friends are con¬templating the idea of getting body art.
My advice to them is to get lessons of intrigue and lessons of faith.
Somebody should get the markings of our Lord Jesus and make sure they never wash off.
Someone should get the art of constructive criticism that’s valuable.
Just because body art can be visually seen doesn’t make it more extravagant than lessons that have the potential to be prosperous to someone’s life.
Email me at marcelgamble@ sbcglobal.net so that we can talk about tattoo options that will be beneficial to you and those around you.
One for the week: Luke 6:5; And He said unto them, The son of man is the Lord of the Sabbath.
Like Jesus chose to be the educator of all, each of us can also be the educator of each.

the witnesses. Are you telling me that there were not towers or dungeons available? Were there not any ships or new countries to be discovered of which these witnesses would have gladly volunteered to go. If you are going to be called the King, then perform like a King. Mr. LeBron James if you do not have time to pay for lessons then check out some PBS specials; I‘m sure you have cable somewhere in your many mansions and castles. Yo King, in the words of Nike…Just Do It. So have a happy week.

No comments: