Friday, August 8, 2008

Teens Talk - Mama You Raised a Man

The Grand Rapids Times
8-8-2008

When a child is beginning to learn how to take his first steps they fall, and their mother is there to pick them back up. Well I’m about to take my first steps out into the world and I am going to fall, but I will be able to pick myself up.
Throughout life you told me that God is my strength: mama, you raised a religious man.
If you are an individual that has been fortunate enough to have a mother who has been there for you, then you need to be thankful. Not everyone has a mother who is capable of raising a child under the blessings of God.
When I was young you were the one who protected me from danger and kept me safe. Now that I am grown, danger approaches me daily and I am able to use discernment to protect myself.
Thank you mama, for raising a wise man.
Growing up you told me that my mind was one thing no one could ever take from me. As I am entering college I realize that education isn’t something that one should play with.
I thank you for raising an educated man.
As a child you would whoop my behind, to set me straight after I would do something wrong. Now I’m not constantly running from the law or living life behind bars.
Mama, I thank you because you have raised a free man.
When I began to get older you kept it real with me. Everyday now I keep it real with others and share my testimony.
You can smile now, because you raised a real man.
When I was younger we weren’t wealthy but we survived, you showed me that it’s not money that does it, but God is what makes the world go around.
You don’t have to worry any more, you raised an appreciative man.
I remember when we would cross, busy roads, and you would hold my hand. Well I’m about to cross some roads alone and it’s okay, because God has my hand.
19 years ago you held me in your arms as I opened my eyes to the world. Today I am able to open my eyes to the world once again as a man.
Mama I was once your baby, and I will always be your baby, but I want you to know that you raised a man.
Everyone should realize the things their parents have to go through in order to provide for them. If you have made it this far in life and you are blessed from God, then you should thank those who are close to you for making you who you are today.
I’m going to leave you all with this: A good man leaves what he owns for his children’s children. The riches of the sinner are stored up for those who are right with God.

No comments: