Friday, January 18, 2008

Teens Talk - Some Tickets Buy A Future

Have you ever experienced a time when you felt your whole future was riding on an answer that you were waiting to receive from someone?

I’ll admit, even though I put all my faith in God, I still find myself doing this.

I still worry myself with things that I have no control over, things that are in God’s hands. Luke 12:25-26, “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?”

I know that I can speak for everyone when I say that at some point in our lives we all have wished that we could buy a ticket into success. Right now, I wish that I could buy a ticket into the University of my choosing, but there isn’t a ticket for sale.

You may also be sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for an acceptance or rejection letter from the school of your choice. As the letters come in, remember it is God’s plan, not yours.

Like so many others, there are numerous materialistic items that I wish I could buy, unfortunately there aren’t any tickets for sale.

Life isn’t like a video game where someone can choose the controller they want to play with because the only controller in life is God. Life isn’t something to play with because it’s only given to you once.

If you do decide to buy tickets in life, and go with the easy way out; sometimes you are unable to return those tickets; and you have to play the hand that you are dealt. Buying a ticket for anything in life is not the way to go.

What is the sense of wasting money when God has a free ticket waiting for you already? Philippians 4:19, “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.”

Why should you buy a ticket into a life as a drug dealer or drug user when a you can get an all time high with God?

It’s sort of a cliché to say that we are selling ourselves out to the ways of the world but it’s the truth.

We have been buying tickets since Adam and Eve. Some of us have brought tickets right into prison. Some of us have brought tickets into an early grave.

I don’t know about you all, but I am fed up with losing loved ones because of ticket buying.

If you have bought tickets already this year, it is not too late to return them; but there is only one person that you can return them to, and that person is God. Don’t think that you are alone because already I have had to return a few tickets that I didn’t mean to buy.

As Christians, we have to remember that we are always going to have to return tickets because the devil is always lurking at our heels. We just have to keep our heads up. Everyone doesn’t receive blessings from God at the same time.

I’m going to leave you all with this, “Don’t let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcel,

Your writing has helped me a lot. Lately I felt like I wasn't able to do anything and I just wanted to give up and like you said...I have wanted to buy a ticket into success. I feel like I have messed up so much in the past that there is no hope right now. Not only that, I also feel as if I don't want to try because if I do try I always end up not doing as good as I wish I could. It's like I rather fail without trying instead of failing while trying. It's something that I wish I could overcome. I was hoping you would help me with that. Well all I'm trying to say is that you have an understanding about life and you are truely intelligent and will go far in life. I will be the happiest person to see you go forward with life as I watch you grow into a stronger writer each day. Thank you for everything.

Your Friend,
Eden

Anonymous said...

Eden its always going to be easier to give up verse facing the trials and tribulations that life brings your way. When one gives up He or she doesn't immediately see the consequens that they would later be facing. I understand where you are coming from becuase currently I have been hit with storms, and I have felt like ging up and giving in. My advice to you is to begin taking time out of your schedule in order to devote time to God. Sometimes you have to put the things you love to do, and the people that you love on the back burner in order to get back on your path with God.
P.S. I know where you are coming from.
"The voice of a new generation"

Anonymous said...

Marcel,

You are always real and always present the Truth. This article is right on! I have found that through your writing you are not only offering sound advice for teens, but are also presenting a message to adults. So many adults are caught up with having success, the right car, house, perfect family, etc, but at what cost?! Buying tickets to these things do not buy happiness.

Continue to fight Satan's attacks on your life. Shine God's light whenever you can...your writing is definitely a light in a dark world!

Stacey Lambert

Anonymous said...

Stacey,

Thank you for your encouragement I will definetly continue to let God's light shine in the dark world we live in. Why by tickets to early success and materialistic items when we have paradise up in heaven? I don't know if people realize it or not but the items that you purchase with your tickets now do not take the trip to heaven with you. When you take the adventure to live your eternal life, all of your earthly possesions remian on earth.
"The voice of a new generation"